The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
- Use Of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. SkinnyBytes and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if SkinnyBytes believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of SkinnyBytes and its subsidiaries.
Privacy & Security Policies
Your Personal Information
When you place an order at our site, you provide us with your name, email address, credit card information, address, and phone number. We use this information to process your order and keep you up to date on its status. The financial information (credit card number, expiration date, billing address, etc.) that we collect from you is used for billing purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may make third party offers through our site. If you choose to accept such an offer, we will provide your contact and financial information to that third party.
In order to serve you best, credit card transactions are handled by a reputable third-party banking institution. Once the bank authorizes your credit card, we begin processing your order. The banking institution we do business with is under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We also work with third parties that perform various vital functions on our behalf. Such functions include shipping and delivering of packages, fulfilling orders, et cetera. These third parties will have access to personal information as required for them to carry out these functions on our behalf. They are also under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
SkinnyBytes may occasionally notify you via email about important functionality changes to our web site or special offers we think you'll find valuable relating to our PoE Computers. At the bottom of every such email are directions on how to take your email address off our list.
We may use your Internet Protocol (IP) address and ISP name to help us diagnose problems with our server, and administer our web site. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information, as well as identify customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information aids us in merchandising and in refining the design and layout of the store.
Our secure server uses advanced encryption and firewall technology to keep your personal information private. Our secure server layer (SSL) software completely encrypts the information you input so that it cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. We have extremely strong security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information while it is in our control.
Contests and Surveys
From time to time, we may run contests or other promotions on our site that ask you for contact and demographic information. If you win, we will send your prize to the address you entered into our system, and notify you by email. We may also use your contact information to notify you about SkinnyBytes promotions, specials, and new additions to our site. If you prefer not to receive these emails, please follow the simple instructions on the bottom of such an email, and we will remove you from our mailing list.
SkinnyBytes may also occasionally administer surveys at our site that request your opinions and demographic information. Here, we do not ask you for contact information, and we will never contact you regarding your answers to a survey. Survey answers are strictly confidential. We only use survey data in an effort to better serve our customers. If you do not wish to participate in a survey, simply decline to participate when asked.
SkinnyBytes may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and other shopping information, to reputable third-party vendors or our marketing partners. These statistics will not include any information that identifies you personally.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, SkinnyBytes's practices, or your business with SkinnyBytes, please contact customer service at: service@SkinnyBytes.com
- Shipping & Delivery
At this time, SkinnyBytes Power-over-Ethernet Computing ships merchandise to locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. Additionally, SkinnyBytes Power-over-Ethernet Computing ships merchandise to Canada and Mexico, and to limited other international locations. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier.
As each PC is custom configured to each customer order, please allow 5-7 days handling time for your system to be configured.
Customs and import duties may be applied to International orders when the shipment reaches its destination. Such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of your order and vary from country to country. Contact your local customs office for details.
Shipping laws are different in each country. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to verify whether the country to which you are shipping permits the shipment of your products. Power-over-Ethernet Computing is not responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages that arise from improper international shipping practices.
- Sales Tax
SkinnyBytes Power-over-Ethernet Computing charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on this Web site based on the applicable state sales tax rate and the location to which the order is being shipped.
SkinnyBytes is based out of Arizona, and therefore any orders originating from Arizona will be charged based on current tax rates.
SkinnyBytes products are engineered to the highest quality standards, and we proudly stand behind our products. For warranty service, please contact SkinnyBytes for service at Support@SkinnyBytes.com. In all cases, you must have a RMA number. If SkinnyBytes is the warranty provider, you may obtain a RMA number from us. If another manufacturer or third party is responsible, you must obtain a RMA number from them.
Unless otherwise noted, warranty terms apply only to merchandise shipped within the USA. Merchandise forwarded to other international locations may not be covered under the warranty.
Once an RMA authorization is received, products can be shipped to SkinnyBytes for service at:
SkinnyBytes - RMA
2334 E Mallard Ct
Gilbert, AZ 85234
- Return Policy
All returns covered under our fifteen (15) day return period are subject to the following:
- To initiatiate a return, please contact SkinnyBytes Support at Support@SkinnyBytes.com.
SkinnyBytes.com reserves the right to:
- Apply a 20% restocking fee to all refunds.
- Charge a 30% restocking fee for damaged, incomplete or otherwise non-conforming return(s).
- SkinnyBytes.com does not offer a money-back guarantee on any product.
- A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number issued by SkinnyBytes.com must be accompanied with all returns.
- RMA numbers must be obtained no later than fifteen (15) days from the delivery date.
- All RMA numbers are valid for ten (10) days from the date of issuance.
- All products must be returned in new or like-new condition, including original packaging, all documentation and accessories. Failure to include accessories and/or parts may result in additional charges.
- SkinnyBytes.com will not accept products that have been physically damaged or misused.
- Using PoE injectors or midspans that are not IEEE 802.3at compliant could damage the unit.
- Improper installation or configuration of the PoE Injectors or Splitters could could damage to the unit.
- Connecting external devices such as Optical Drives or Speakers which are powered via USB could overload the PoE power supply.
- Repair fees are applicable if a customer chooses to have the damaged product repaired. Otherwise the damaged product will be shipped back at the customer's expense in the same state as it was received.
- All returns must be shipped at the customer's own expense.
- SkinnyBytes.com will not be held accountable for lost or damaged packages. We recommend customers to ship return product(s) insured and with a tracking number.
- SkinnyBytes.com will not be responsible for lost shipment of replacement product(s) shipped from manufacturer or warranty provider. Title to the product being returned will remain with you at all times, and will transfer from you to the manufacturer, warranty provider or a third party in the case of a liquidation of the return only upon receipt of the return product(s) by the party.
- SkinnyBytes.com is not responsible for personal data or product(s) left in returned merchandise. These will be discarded and not returned.
- All related fees (shipping & return shipping fees) are NON-REFUNDABLE for all products in all cases.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for all refund(s) to appear on your account. All refunds will be in the same form as initial payment.
- Claim for missing accessories or product not as advertised must be reported within fifteen (15) days from the delivery date.
- Returns may be tested depending on the product.
- Return for replacements or refunds found to be non-defective or non-damaged will result in a $25 handling fee. Customers agree that they will abide by the findings of SkinnyBytes.com.
- Any product(s) deemed non-defective or non-damaged will be returned in the condition received at the customer's own expense.
- Customer is to report missing product(s) lost or damaged to SkinnyBytes.com within 3 days of delivery of the product(s). Failure to do so will results in the forfeiture of any possible remedy from SkinnyBytes.com.
Per State of Arizona regulations, any taxes refunded in this case will be calculated based on the final refund amount minus the 20% restocking fee, not the original purchase price.
Large Quantity Purchases
- Any single product purchased at a quantity of ten (10) or more will be considered non-refundable once shipped. Please carefully ensure you have chosen the correct item and quantity upon submitting your order.
After receiving your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Write your RMA number legibly on the return label or outside of the packaging box.
- Return the Product in its original packaging to:
SkinnyBytes - RMA
2334 E Mallard Ct
Gilbert, AZ 85234
Shipments that are refused without authorization, or that are returned to us because the address was invalid, are subject to a restocking fee of 15% plus applicable non-deliverable shipping and handling fees. Per State of Arizona regulations, any taxes refunded in this case will be calculated based on the final refund amount minus the 20% restocking fee, not the original purchase price.
SALES POLICY AGREEMENT
By placing an order at SkinnyBytes.com, a customer has agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale as indicated on this website. By placing an order at SkinnyBytes.com, a customer has agreed to the total dollar amount of the sale, and authorized SkinnyBytes to collect payment via the payment method the customer specified. SkinnyBytes.com reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SkinnyBytes AND OTHER SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SkinnyBytes attempts to be as accurate as possible in our content and pricing. However, we cannot guarantee that the product descriptions/specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is accurate, complete, or current. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, SkinnyBytes shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. In addition, links to product reviews are intended to provide visitors with additional information and professional opinion. However, due to the industry's fast paced, reviews can become outdated and should not be considered a substitute for doing one's own research.